Depth sounder is flashing depth periodically

BrianN

Cadet
I have an Eagle fish easy 320C that I have had on my boat for the past couple years.
Last year it started flashing the depth periodically. Some times when trolling, some times when drifting and some times when cruising. There is no rhyme or reason to it that I can figure out.
Until today, I think I may have found some thing, but, need some one to verify.
I noticed on the plug that goes into the back of the unit, there are five female pins in a half circle and another female pin in the center. One of the female pins on the outside does not have the metal sheath like the others have. Just wondering if this is normal, or, some how mine got pushed in, or pulled out.
I tried to upload a photo, but, it says that it is corrupt. I will see what I can do.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Is there a mating male pin on the unit. Just because there is empty socket doesn't mean something is missing. If there is no male pin in that position on the unit then that's not the problem.

BrianN

Cadet
There is a male pin on the unit.
I also have an Eagle Cuda portable that I took out on the boat this weekend.
A few interesting things happened.
The fish easy worked for a little while, then started flashing.
We then hooked up the portable with brand new, out of the box batteries. The Cuda (portable) was working great for a while, then, it started giving shallow depth alarm, and showing 10 feet. I know for a fact that this spot is well over 10 feet. Then, the Cuda started flashing as well.
At this point, I nearly threw them both over board. But, thought better. It would be way more fun to take them out and blast them with the shot gun.
Anyways, when the Cuda was working properly, I hooked up the fish easy, and it worked on there. So, at that point, I was sure that it is a transducer or transducer wire problem.
Now, with the Cuda system flashing and not working, I'm not sure what to think.
Actually, what I am thinking, is, I am going to get a new fish finder, depth sounder. Any suggestions?
Any one wanna buy a couple Eagle units? :joyous::laugh: