New fish finder but no fish

E_S_A_D

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So, had a Fish Finder piranha installed. Basic fish finder. Depth and depth works great. I haven't figured something out though because it didn't chart a single in densely populated fish areas. Ideas?

Expidia

Commander
There is always the "manual". If you dont have one just go online and find the one for your unit from the manufacturer. If still no signs of fish go on water during the week and call the units customer support on your cell phone and they can walk you through the settings and check it out for you.
You did not mention if it is new or used. Used could also be a mismatched transducer.

E_S_A_D

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Maybe the sensitivity settings?
possibly... I messed with those settings I had thought.

Sensitivity settings should be higher up to 10 possibly? What about slower chart speed.

Unit is brand new and professionally installed .. Have manual in hand and go figure - no mention of missing fish on the screen.

There is one part too where it says 200hz sonar or something. It was just odd. At places with a lot of fish and not one charted on the screen for 5 hours.

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm not sure about the piranah but there should be a ping speed and a sensitivity option that could be set to slow and low

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
How about fish symbols vs fish icons??? Arches and sensitivity settings provide best performance. You need to spend more time in the manual and online. How did you determine there were actually fish in the area?