Thnking of Purchasing the Haswing 12V 55lbs Trolling Motor. Any Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

orgblu80

Cadet
Like the title says I am think if purchasing the the 12V 55lb thrust trolling motor made by Haswing. I have never heard of this brand but the price (around $429) seems good, not so cheap that it has to be junk but quite a bit cheaper than the big names. Wondering how well they are made, how well they hold up, etc... Any input from folks with experience with them would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
My only thought is where do you send it for service or warranty work?

NicoPags

Petty Officer 1st Class
My only thought is where do you send it for service or warranty work?

I agree, so I looked into it. Haswing is Australian. 2 year warranty work on parts/service if defective. Looks like they opened a spot in Minnesota for sales and repairs/service. All the products are made in Zhejiang, PR China by Katai Electric Applicance Company. They appear to make just about anything that's popular.

I personally might take the risk, but its your call if you can afford to replace it.

orgblu80

Cadet
I did not realize the company has a facility in the US. That gives me a little more confidence in buying it, but still not quite sold yet. Out of the few reviews I have found most purchasers seems to be happy with it but none state how it holds up after a few years. At this point I am still leaning towards repairing my current trolling motor, although the remote control feature on the Haswing is very tempting.

Thanks for the input so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.