Stereo speakers

204 Escape

Ensign
Am going to install some KICKER 8" speakers, and a 10" KICKER sub. With a Wet Sounds amp. The speakers all have the LED lights in them, so I have purchased remote to change/set the colors. I am going to use the Clairion CMD4 head unit for now.

I may buy another unit down the road. I want to use a remote in the back of the boat, to be able to adjust the volume etc., but the stereo isn't updated enough to accept the latest remote.

Opinions??

Stingrayaxe

Seaman
I just installed the Clarion M505 head unit with the MW1 wired remote but the remote is installed in the helm. Installation went very well. My plan if all works well this summer is to install another MW1 on the swim platform and add an amp with speaker upgrade next spring. Haven't splashed the boat yet but I'm anxious to try it out. Worked great in the garage!! I know that I'm going to like the remote at the helm. It came with a standard IR remote that I will use temporarily at the swim platform. It's not water proof but the MW1 has a receiver for the IR signal so making it work from the back of the boat won't be a problem. I'll just need to keep it dry. You may need to up grade your head unit to get a remote.

204 Escape

Ensign
Yes, I will have to change stereos to get the updated remote, Just not sure what I want to go to in as much as a stereo unit.