How to mount a bow trolling motor on my ski boat

Larsonboater

Recruit

Wondering if it is possible to mount a bow trolling motor on my Larson 210 lxi. Not sure if the front back cushion is removable to access the bottom of the bow. I would need to put bolts and washers into the mounting plate for the trolling motor. if anyone has experience with mounting one any tips would be great.

Larsonboater

Recruit
Does anyone have any tips. I don't think i am able to access the bottom of the fiberglass.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
After you make another post or two, you'll be allowed to post pictures. That would help a lot to see what you're working with...

Larsonboater

Recruit
I am looking to attach a quick release plate so i will be able to take the trolling motor off when now in use.

fishrdan

Admiral
Trac isolator bolts may be included with the new trolling motor, and can be used on the mounting plate. You'll have to drill bigger holes, but they can be installed without access from underneath. I would try to through bolt as you mentioned, but if you don't have access....

You may want to coat the screws with grease or anti-seize before installing them. I tried to remove some that had been installed for 2-3 years and the SS screw was corroded and locked onto the brass insert, major pain trying to remove them...

Post a couple more times and it will let you attach a pic.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Even your local hardware store has "well nuts" in various sizes. Well nuts that will take a 1/4 - 5/16 bolt will work fine and you do not need below deck access..