2010 used power drive v2 48"

tav

Petty Officer 1st Class
I found this on creigs list.....its,6 yrs old and he said he used it 1 season......and then just in his garage.
Is there anything I should be worried about since it was sitting. ? I believe a Co pilot can be installed also. Should grab it for 350

Last edited:

fishrdan

Admiral
YES- grab it! If it's in good condition, $350 is a deal. Outside on the normal abuse type stuff, I wouldn't be worried, especially if they guy is being honest about it only being used 1 year. If the plastics are nice and shiny it's most likely low hours, if the plastics are all sun damaged, dull and discolored, it's been sitting exposed for a long time.

The only thing I could see getting banged up and inconspicuous would be the prop shaft, if the prop got hit really hard (garage),,, and tweaked the shaft. Take a battery along, jumper it off your car battery to provide 24V and test it out to see if everything works. Removing the prop and spinning the motor slowly should reveal if the prop shaft is tweaked, though, I really doubt it is. I would check the foot pedal to make sure it doesn't have any dead-spots, they have mechanical switches that could get corroded and messed up. One other consideration is if a 48" shaft TM is long enough for your boat...

A Co-pilot should work no problem, but be aware that there are 2 different models, old rectangular plug and newer V2 round plug. I added one to my PD, never even used the foot pedal once.

tav

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Yup I did pick it up and installed it yesterday along with a quick disconnect bracket.

Attachments

• photo238431.jpg
    photo238431.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 0