Sitex sp110 wiring

Kahouna

Cadet
I am doing a hydraulic conversion on my 25' Crestliner. I have the parts on the way but wanted to get my autopilot installed before I tackled the steering. I want to wire my sitex to also work off my simrad nss7 evo2 but I am unable to find directions anywhere on how to make this happen. The sitex head unit has yellow, yellow/black, and a green wire. The yellow and yellow/black are for my hydraulic pump that it came with. There is no clutch so I won't be needing the green wire?

Do I need to cut and splice the sitex rudder feedback wiring harness for the simrad? I also have the video/comm wiring assembly for the simrad that I believe will be used for the autopilot. It has green, blue, orange, and yellow wires that are to be used for connecting to the sitex.

I hope this helps explain my situation and thanks for any help!

Kahouna

Cadet
Thanks dingbat for the link. I have it in front of me too with a look of confusion. You made me look a little harder to ask another round of questions. Si-tex manual says that the red (+ Heading Data Out) and blue wire (- Heading Out) from the rudder feedback are what I need to use to connect to the Simrad. This will be done via the video/comm cable. Once again, I am failing at finding what wires the red and blue wire from the si-tex will connect to. I can find all sorts of directions on setting it up but not how to wire it.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
you need the blue (tx) and green (rx) on simrad.
Remember tx goes to rx on the AP and vice versa

Last edited:

Kahouna

Cadet
Thank you good sir! It will be a couple weeks before I tackle the project but knowing where things go helps with the initial install.

Kahouna

Cadet
No Title

I finally got around to finishing the installation of things. I stared at the wires in front of me and what they did, looked at what you said, looked at the manuals, tossed my hands in the air and came humbly back to this post. I tried wiring as you stated with the two wires together but the simrad does not see it. Here are some pictures of what I am looking at master of all things + and -.

Attachments

• photo239498.jpg
    photo239498.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo239499.jpg
    photo239499.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo239500.jpg
    photo239500.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 0
  • photo239501.jpg
    photo239501.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 0

duped

Petty Officer 1st Class
It looks to me that the green and white wires on the SiTex are NMEA 0183 inputs and will receive the waypoint / route info from your Simrad's NMEA 0183 outputs. This would give you basic "navigate to waypoint" function in the autopilot. Try wiring SiTex white to Simrad yellow, Sitex green to Simrad blue. Make sure the Simrad is set to transmit the sentences outlined in the SiTex manual, then build a route on the Simrad. Put the SiTex in "GPS" mode and see if it will follow the route.

Looks as though the "heading data" output on the SiTex would be wired into the NMEA input on your NSS7 in a similar fashion, SiTex red (NMEA TX+?) to Simrad green (NMEA RX+)...but red is not a standard NMEA color so I'm not 100% on that.