Starting battery 2 motors problem

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
Hello I need to a switch that can isolate my 2 motors from each other. The problem I am having is with both motors connected to the starting battery I am blowing the regulator on the main engine. My main engine is a 1986 Evinrude 70 hp my kicker is a 1977 15 hp Johnson anybody have any ideas both electrical systems on each motor is working correctly. I only have the problem when both motors are connected to the same battery. I do not have room for a second battery so any suggestions are welcome.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Something isn't working correctly, you should be able to have both of them connected and not have any issues. It will take further investigation to find the problem. Using a switch to separate the the two motors is easy, but something would still be wrong with one of them.

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
I thought so to but they have both been checked both electrical systems are good no shorts or bad switches. I even took them to the dealer after I checked them and they both test good.

alldodge

Staff member
Should be able to do it with a 1, 2 or Both battery selector switch. Instead of two batteries and one motor just swap the connections

One Bat Two Motors.jpg