medallion tachometer light bulb socket and wire

dlogvine

Master Chief Petty Officer
I just got a replacement for my old broken tachometer, the new used one is medallion B-3150. It has a completely different light bulb socket and my old does not fit. Is there any place I can buy the socket adapter and light bulb for this tach?
Pictures attached

Mod EDIT: Link changed, but heres the item description:
?MEDALLION INST. INC.
MARINE TACHOMETER
RPM GAUGE
4-88

MEASURES 3.5" IN DIAMETER
READS FROM 0 - 6000 RPM
FITS ON CHRYSLERS (POSSIBLY OTHER MAKES)
BLACK IN COLOR
WITH WHITE AND BLUE MARKERS

OUT OF ORIGINAL PACKAGING
SLIGHT WEAR TO BACK/SIDES?OTHERWISE LIKE NEW
FACE IN GOOD CONDITION
SEE PICTURES

COMES WITH MOUNTING BRACKET

INSTRUCTIONS NOT INCLUDED

Last edited by a moderator:

dlogvine

No Title

Attachments

• photo234517.jpg
    photo234517.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo234518.jpg
    photo234518.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you can, try to find an LED replacement and then it will last for a very long time. JMHO!

dlogvine

All the LED replacements and the other lights are made so that all the connectors (power and ground) are build into the gauge housing. Older tachometers have light bulb sockets with 2 wire connection - both wires go into the socket. This tachometer is a weird one, it requires only one wire while grounding is coming from the housing of the gauge.
And yes I tried to get a matching socket at the auto store -they dont have anything of the kind. :(
Will try to contact Medallion customer service, also it does not look too promising, I looked at their website when I was not able to find anyhing matching on ebay, doesnt look like they have an online store.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
dlogvine, I know what you're dealing with. And honestly some times you have to make things work. That means you may have to get inventive and make something to work for your unique situation. I've done those things a lot over the years. The fact that the gauge is the ground means you have to make something that can use the housing for one connection and use some type putty or some insulted fitting for the positive connection and to hold a lamp in place. Maybe a wooden dowel type piece could work for the positive side. Get inventive. JMHO! :noidea:

dlogvine

thx gn280,
i was leaving that as a last resort if i wont find a good fit ill jerry rig it.

NYBo

Admiral
Some pictures that are large enough to see would help a lot, but, chances are, as GA_Boater suggested, an auto parts store will have something that works.