Mystery Switch on 2004 Larson 260

LarsonFisher

Recruit
Been getting to know and upgrading the "new to me boat". Before I strip the tubing and follow the wires to their ends, does anyone know what this switch does? :confused:It is attached to the bulkhead that separates the engine compartment from the lower cabin, on the starboard side. Tried turning it on/off (no indication which is which) and didn't see or hear any change.

I suspect I will have other wiring questions so I am looking for a detailed wiring diagram(s) for the boat - 2004 Larson 260. It was great to find each wire is individually numbered, but I need the "key" to tell me what each number does/what it connects. Already tried Larson and got a couple of small portions. Tried with no reply from the supplier of the wiring harness (Novatron>Global Harness).
Can anyone out there point me to a source for such a wiring diagram/reference table?
Thanks in advance!

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Hi, and welcome to boats. If you tried to post a picture it didn't 'take'. Trying to picture its position- is it a Larson 'Cabrio'? If so, the bulkhead between engine and cabin, is the aft 'wall' of the mid-berth. Is the switch mounted on the cabin side of the bulkhead, or the engine side of the bulkhead?

LarsonFisher

Recruit
Cabrio, yes. It is on the engine side of the bulkhead. If you were sitting on the engine, facing forward, it is at approx. 2 oclock position.
Tried again with the picture.
20151013_181512.jpg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have to admit, I honestly have no idea. However, it isn't a manual tilt switch mounted there for tilting the engine is it? :noidea:

JoLin

Vice Admiral
You mean, for the outdrive tilt/trim? Be a pretty odd place to put it if t was. No advantage to having a second switch there. Also, appears to be a simple on/off toggle switch. You'd want a momentary switch on something like that. I'm stumped, too.

LarsonFisher, is there a light fixture in the engine compartment that switch might control? Finally, does Larson have an owner's club? It'd probably be hosted at their website. You might want to ask there.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I've send that switch. Just trying to remember what it was for....