Switch wiring

ronrw2b2

Recruit
I'm building a new console switch panel. I purchased some new Amico Angel Eye Led Light push button 12v light switches but they didn't come with any wiring instructions. They have 5 pins labeled LED, A, NO, NC, & L. My problem is that I'm not sure what the "A" and "L" pins are. The rest of them are self explanatory. I've tried to get the information from the Amico but I couldn't find any and I've not been able to find any wiring information for a 5 pin switch with these identification labels. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for these switches.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... I'm guessin' A is where the (+) Power goes, 'n L is the Load,....

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Or, "L" = Line (12 volts in) and "A" = accessory. The simple solution is to break out your Ohm meter.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Silvertip, the only time I've ever seen 'L' referenced as a 'voltage source', is when it refers to a 115V source. That's what's commonly known as 'Line' voltage. On a boat you run across it in gennys, air conditioning circuits, dual voltage refers, etc.

My .02

Last edited: