Is this a powerpack?

jrmarsh

Seaman Apprentice
I've been going through my 1981 Starcraft 16ft. Aluminum boat (1981 Evinrude 90hp) and finally got to testing the power trim, it appears one or both solenoids are out and there is general corrosion so it's time to replace the whole shebang. So I showed the guys at west marine the attached photo and they looked it up as a power pack. It's my understanding that a power pack controls amperage etc. while the piece I have sits under the stern and receives cables from the controls, has two solenoids to activate the the power trim up down function so I'm not sure if they are correct. Can anybody help me identify what this part is?
Thanks in advance!
FYI: You can see the blue (up wire) and green (down wire) each going to their own solenoid.

Attachments

• photo234021.jpg
    photo234021.jpg
    377.4 KB · Views: 0

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I call that the relay box, my 70 has a very similar box on the top of the motor toward the front. It has the wiring coming from the switches to the relays and down to the TT motor. You may have aftermarket TT that has a remote relay box, I've seen that before.

64osby

Admiral
Clean all the connections get a known good battery and test it again. You might be surprised.

Test the PTT unit direct without the using the relays. It may be a simple matter of replacing the relays.