Evinrude Trolling Motor Specs

Clint KY

Seaman
The boat I just acquired has an Evinrude EBF2H Trolling Motor. I have Googled it and while I found lots of sites with parts, I have not found any with specs. The motor has 3 power wires, two red and one black. One reference said it was a 24V motor but the motor is wired with only one of the red wires connected. I am trying to find out if it IS a 24V motor, and the thrust.

If you have a manual and are hesitant to post the answer in fear of violating the copy-write please PM me.

Thanks -

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Clint, you say there are two red wires and one black, but the trolling motor is wire with only two wires. Are you saying that the foot cable has those two red and one black wires but the wires going to the motor down the shaft is only two wires? Because it still can be a 24 volt setup with only two wires going to the actual motor. The 24 volts is running the motor while the three wires coming in could have a switch to flip between 12 volts and 24 volts. Check the foot section and see if you find a selectable switch for such an option. JMHO!

Clint KY

Seaman
On closer inspection the motor is a 12V. The wires to the connectors on the front deck are set up for 12V/24V motor while the wire from the connector to the motor is only 2 wire. I assume when they built the boat they provided for installing the bigger 24V motor.