Converting 3 button trim/trailer switch to two separate Carling switches - Mercruiser

sprintst

Commander
I'm looking at converting my thrashed 40 year old 3 toggle up/up-out/down switch to two separate Carling illuminated trim and trailer switches. The logic is the up/down function on the trim switch will power the blue or green circuits for up and down within trim limits. Switch the up on the trim switch and up on the trailer switch at the same time and you power the up circuit and the override on the limit so the leg can go all the way up for trailering.

I can't seem to find any ​diagrams online to wire carling switches to due what these old toggles did. Has any one else here done what I'm thinking or have I done completely mad.

sprintst

Commander
I found some decent resources. I'll post when I have time as I'll be looking to illuminate the switches from nav/anc power, etc. I'll see if I can put up some diagrams of how my stuff ends up being hooked up.

sam am I

Commander
No Title

Sounds like ya got it covered but............And It's a crappy copy, I can re-draw if needed.

It's your typical merc I/O method of thou.......Just wire illuminated toggles from whatever source.

Attachments

• photo232199.jpg
    photo232199.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited: