boat switch

longislandles

Recruit
I would like someone to help me install an automatic switch for my outdrive to go up and down. I am disabled and cannot reach the trailer switch to go up or down. I would like to put it on the stern of my boat. I have a Quicksilver shift lever with a trim button and a trailer button.

alldodge

Staff member
I would like someone to help me install an automatic switch for my outdrive to go up and down. I am disabled and cannot reach the trailer switch to go up or down. I would like to put it on the stern of my boat. I have a Quicksilver shift lever with a trim button and a trailer button.

Howdy

Most boat or auto shops can do this for you.

It wouldn't take much, just get a water proof momentary ON switch and some extension type cord or two lengths of wire. Connect one end of each wire to each side of the trailer switch . Connect the other to the switch at the stern. This will put both switches (trailer and new one) in parallel.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
No Title

In installed one of these on my boat (see pic below). It was very easy and only took an hour or so. A shop could install it for you, or maybe a handy neighborhood or local boating buddy, if you're not up to it yourself. The nice thing about the Mercruiser kit is that it plugs directly in to the current system, without cutting/slicing wires. Works great and it is very handy for those of us who can't/don/t want to hop into to the boat to raise or lower the drive.

Attachments

• photo231009.jpg
    photo231009.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 0