Stove operation

ericcarr2000

Ensign
Ok I have a 90 sundancer that gas a standard drove in it. Can someone explain to me how to operate the thing? All I know is it's an alcohol stove.

alldodge

Staff member
Ok I have a 90 sundancer that gas a standard drove in it. Can someone explain to me how to operate the thing? All I know is it's an alcohol stove.

All of them operate pretty much the same, here is a dual burner manual which also includes maintenance procedures
http://www.catalina27.org/Clips/PRICESS ALCOHOL STOVES.pdf

Go figure, have one also but have never lit it, only used it one time on the generator just to see if it worked

ericcarr2000

Ensign
No Title

This is what mine looks like.

Attachments

• photo230847.jpg
    photo230847.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo230848.jpg
    photo230848.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Be carefull thats a pressure one it different i almost set boat on fire. Let me find the instructions on how to start

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
99 percent sure yes been a few years and only used a couple times. Look underneath should see the tank below it.

The previous he a t is the critical thing otherwise flames shoot very high. I can personally vouch that water works to put out flames

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I hate those stoves. We replaced ours with a non pressurized type and never looked back.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I have never used an alcohol stove. But it looks and sounds like a regular Colman stove that you can use either Colman fuel or even regular gas in them. They too have to be pressurized and the fuel delivery does pass by the actual flame source to keep it pressurized so it will atomize the gas. However, you can easily see the flame from a Colman stove. I can understand that alcohol flames can't be seen. I have made little camping soda can alcohol stoves and it does heat without a visual flame. So be careful when using such fuel....

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Wish they worked as well as a Coleman stove! Not very much heat and a pain to light and maintain!