Hummingbyrd helix 5 DI GPS

Lawnpro979

Petty Officer 1st Class
hey all:

I purchased this unit NOT realizing the maps were. " Well lets say less than desirable " I have learned I need to purchase Lakemaster maps from an SD card. Micro card....... I was looking around and it looks like this card has to be ordered. My Question. is. does anyone know where it's downloadable ?
I'm not trying to get something for nothing. I'm just trying to get it Quickly...............

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
I don't know where you are located, lawnpro, but you can get that cup at any major sporting goods store that sells locators.
Online you can order it and get express 2 or 3 day shipping.

Or, use the link in the above post and download the map you need now.

Remember, your Helix uses a micro sd card. So make sure you get that, and the sd card adaptor.
You will need an sd card reader on your computer, on buy one that plugs into your computer.

Heck, looks like it would be easier, cheaper, and faster, to order the Lakemaster card and pay for over night shipping.

Or, maybe you could borrow the map card from a friend?? until yours comes in the mail.

Lawnpro979

Petty Officer 1st Class
thx.... yes I broke down and ordered it.....We live kind of in the boonies. it's 2 hrs to anywhere............ it is the Micro card and thanks for informing me about the cable......

Murphangler

Recruit
That unit is also Navionics compatible, and a Navionics + card would give you unlimited updates and use in any area of the country, you would just need to download the lake you are planning to fish before heading out. It would also give you access to Sonarcharts, where you can make your own contour maps.

Alumarine

Captain
hey all:

I purchased this unit NOT realizing the maps were. " Well lets say less than desirable " I have learned I need to purchase Lakemaster maps from an SD card. Micro card....... I was looking around and it looks like this card has to be ordered. My Question. is. does anyone know where it's downloadable ?
I'm not trying to get something for nothing. I'm just trying to get it Quickly...............

What did you not like about the base maps?