1988 Bayliner Capri

5stringpicker

Recruit
Hi all! My first post here. We had the boat out yesterday and I noticed a black disc type object hanging down behind the dash, it has 3 connections on it but I think only two are used. Anyone know what this piece is for? It is almost flat about 2in in diameter and about 1/4in thick. It is only hanging on by one connection now I need to hook it back up but just need to know its purpose. Thanks all! :)

alldodge

Staff member
Hi all! My first post here. We had the boat out yesterday and I noticed a black disc type object hanging down behind the dash, it has 3 connections on it but I think only two are used. Anyone know what this piece is for? It is almost flat about 2in in diameter and about 1/4in thick. It is only hanging on by one connection now I need to hook it back up but just need to know its purpose. Thanks all! :)

Howdy

Got a pic?

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
Piezo siren warning alarm? Does your warning alarm sound with just the key on before you turn the key all the way to start?
Trouble warning siren. Low oil, over heat...etc.
If it's that, you're gonna want to fix it. It lets you know there is a serious problem.

Last edited:

5stringpicker

Recruit
Thanks for the replies all! I would take a pic but the boat is in the shop currently. It has never made any sounds when I put the key in or turn the key. Thank you for the heads up and I will get that hooked back up asap! :joyous: