Glastron GS289 2009 air conditioning question

Hey all - my gs 289 (2009) air conditioning is only working when connected to dock power. Battery both full charge, but when I go to head out, it (and only it) shuts off. I have less than a 1/4 tank of gas...could it be an auto shutoff thing when fuel level is low? Something else?

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
I sure hope the designer added this layer of intelligence to prioritize fuel consumption. If they did, it would be clearly stated in your owners manual. You can also find out if this is the case by trying with full tank. I am guessing there is a switch (breaker) in your DC panel for this device, check and see if it is ON

I sure hope the designer added this layer of intelligence to prioritize fuel consumption. If they did, it would be clearly stated in your owners manual. You can also find out if this is the case by trying with full tank. I am guessing there is a switch (breaker) in your DC panel for this device, check and see if it is ON

Thanks DB - is it common on other boats for something like this to happen to preserve fuel?

JoLin

Vice Admiral
I'm obviously missing something here. Is this a problem that just started?

The air conditioning will only run if 1. You're connected to shore power, or 2. You're running it off a generator. The fact that the batteries are charged has nothing to do with it. Air conditioners on boats don't run off DC (12v) power. Is your generator working properly, and is the air conditioning wired to it?

Last edited: