2006 SeaRay 260D and Stock Clarion CMD4 no power after high volume.

jkru

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I decided to turn my deck up pretty high (higher than normal) and it went out (completely lost power). This happened several years ago and I remember troubleshooting it, and fixing it but I can't recall how. I thought a "inline" fuse was blown so I pulled the deck from the mount down in the cabin and followed the yellow wire as far as I could and to my surprise no inline fuse (i thought thats what it was last time I did that). I then proceeded under the helm and check all the fuses with a continuity check and all checked out fine. I then pulled the power panel and checked the switch in the cabin and power is being supplied to and from the switch. I then checked the yellow wire for continuity between the deck and the plug behind the power panel and it checked out fine. I then checked the power from the yellow line behind the power panel and it had no power :(. My thought is their is some damn inline fuse but for the life of me I can't find it and the deck is not getting power; I am at a loss :(. I navigated the wires all under the helm but I don't see any inline fuse under there that I could track to another device. Does anyone have the same setup and can point me in the right direction? I pulled the dash apart and found nothing as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post I am hoping I can get some music by the weekend.

Cheers!

jkru

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Spend hours upon hours troubleshooting.. make this post and then fix it lol :)

For other people who come across this I found a breaker thrown at the main battery switch under the sink on deck. The breaker was the "emergency pump" breaker. I guess the guy thought "emergency pump" meant if you "pump" up your tunes in an "emergency" then throw the breaker. Anyhow would have never thought its wired that way but ill take it.. its working now.

Thanks