1979 Bomber Cobra wiring diagram

79bomber

Cadet
Does anyone have access to a wiring diagram for a 1979 Bomber Cobra? I have a few wires that are not connected to anything and that bothers me bad. I am new to boating.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
A generic wiring diagram was posted a few minutes ago. Since boat wiring is very similar among brands it should work for you. But -- simple diagnosis would ask the question -- What doesn't work? Point number 2 is that just like your car, some connectors and wires are not used because the accessory they were intended to power were never installed. If everything on your boat works, thate's the case with the loose wires. See this post and scroll down for the diagram.

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...rs/10003059-can-i-join-2-different-size-wires

Last edited:

79bomber

Cadet
Thank you very much, Silvertip. I never thought about unused wires being taped up. I am new to boats and believe you are exactly right. The way these wires were taped, with the correct dry wire harness tape, may give it away. Every other piece of tape used to hold wires is the sticky black electrical tape. Thank you again.

I am not a wiring guru, by far. But I can get by with an occasional nudge in the right direction.