Need helping wiring my new 24v motorguide

Caseyshoe27

Recruit
I have an older bass boat, 90 stratos 285 pro. I recently upgraded my trolling motor. It previously had a 12/24v omc 55lb trolling motor which was plugged into a 4 prong female receptacle. The foot control had a toggle switch that let you choose to run 12 or 24v.

My new motorguide 24v 65lb thrust is 24v only it has only 2 wires (red and black). Is it possible to wire the two wires to the old 4 prong male plug to where I can pull 24v out of the original female receptacle?

I tested the female socket and my grounds are the top and bottom slots and my positive slots are the left and right. I get 12v on each left and right side when I ground it to the top or bottom slot. The batteries are not run in a series they have a positive and negative on each battery running straight to the female plug.

How can I wire my original 4 prong male plug to get 24v to my new trolling motor? I would like to not rearrange any of the wires on the bottom of the female outlet because it has 20 year old silicone over every terminal. If possible a wiring diagram would be very appreciated. I would like to use the original plugs if possible and I don t want to hard wire it to the trolling motor. Thanks!

alldodge

Staff member
How can I wire my original 4 prong male plug to get 24v to my new trolling motor? I would like to not rearrange any of the wires on the bottom of the female outlet because it has 20 year old silicone over every terminal. If possible a wiring diagram would be very appreciated. I would like to use the original plugs if possible and I don t want to hard wire it to the trolling motor. Thanks!

Basically go to your batteries and find which lead goes to which plug. Remove all cables except one POS on one of the batteries and a NEG on the other. Jump the open terminals remaining (one POS and one NEG). The top pick below is what I think you have now. The pic below is what you want to wind up with, less the plug. you can use other terminals of you plug, just use one POS and one NEG only

24volt.jpg