battery selector switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericcarr2000

Ensign
How in the hell is asking a simple question absurd? Seems to me that some on here really don't know as much as they claim to. I asked the simple question if In the pics I took if anything looked out of place and to that I was told it was wired wrong when In fact it was correct according to the labels UNDERNEATH the wires at the terminal. One would've thought that according to the pic it didn't look right. I'll just use this forum as a LAST resort when it comes to troubleshooting.😠
This has to rank near the top of the list of the most absurd threads in the history of the internet.

Last edited:

ericcarr2000

Ensign
You know what, it seems to me that all of us, including myself which I already did, need to go back to the beginning and re-read the posts before any finger pointing is going on....😠

Last edited:

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
You confused yourself and confused all of us with the way you worded your what so called "question"

Take your own advice and go back and read your first post, you actually did not ask any questions at all. There are no question marks what so ever in your first post.

You mentioned that you are “"baffled" “ by what you saw and posted 2 pictures of your switch with annotations on one of them
“"Say this but connected that”"

it is not our fault that we tried to find on your pictures something worth being baffled by.

All of us -– myself included -– thought you are reading the labels on the terminals themselves.

As it turned out, you were talking about the switch positions on the front of the switch and they were labeled (Both, 1, 2 and OFF)

The front label on the switch can say whatever. There is no correlation between these labels and the wire position. Again, All of us thought you were talking about the labels on the switch posts because a problem like this will be worth getting baffled by and a questions like this will be worth asking.

And by the way, there are another set of labels put around these cables by the factory to define the cable function. Those are pieces of papers wrapped around the wire and have writing on them. Those are the labels that I thought you were talking about in your post # 12

In regards to “"Seems to me that some on here really don't know as much as they claim to”"

Please….. try to hold yourself to higher standards, would you?!
Don’t blame us for your inability to construct an unambiguous sentence/question.

And now, finally, you found out that the labels on the front of the switch don't need to coincide with the wire locations in the back of the switch, can we put this subject to rest?!

Last edited:

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I'm done here.... You guys really don't know as much as you claim to. I would've thought that the switch itself should have been the same as the wires behind it. Don't worry, before I ask another question on here, I'll make sure it's my last resort.

DeepBlue2010

Lieutenant
I'm done here.... You guys really don't know as much as you claim to. I would've thought that the switch itself should have been the same as the wires behind it. Don't worry, before I ask another question on here, I'll make sure it's my last resort.

I'm done here....

I sure hope so.

You guys really don't know as much as you claim to.

Said the guy who thought that the labels in the front of the switch must coincide with the location of the wires behind it. If the day comes that you need to fix your microwave, don't not be "baffled" that the button with the label "Chickens" on it has no actual hens behind it, But, whatever you say.

I would've thought that the switch itself should have been the same as the wires behind it.

Well, no argument here. YOU would think that but we gave you the benefit of the doubt and did not think this what you were actually asking because...

A) You did not ask a clear question
B) This thought of yours looks to us - people with lots of experience - as, hummmmm, unthoughtful

Don't worry, before I ask another question on here, I'll make sure it's my last resort.

Love your optimism man, keep dreaming.

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Wish it'd come up earlier. Needed to be done a few posts ago

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.