Store Links Mobile - Shop Now

Announcement

Collapse

SITE MAINTENANCE

The iBoats Forums will be down for maintenance starting at 1 PM MST on 12/16/2017. The estimated amount of downtime is 3 hours. Thanks for being a part of the iBoats community!
See more
See less

Building an O/B motor stand - Instructional

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building an O/B motor stand - Instructional

I have decided to put together some detailed information on my o/b motor stand. My hope is that my documentation will help all those DIY newbie’s find some direction for getting started. I am a drafter by trade and just love to draw things in detail. I have included 11x17 prints of my motor stand that include a pictorial view, assembly directions and a parts layout.

I am new to the whole boat restoration scene and have found so many helpful tips throughout the web and thought I might be able to contribute also. I couldn’t find any detailed instructions on how to build your own motor stand, but I did find plenty of pictures of stands people had built. This stand is fairly inexpensive and seems to be really strong.

I used [4] 2x4x96, [1] 2x6x96, [4] 3in casters (175 lbs capacity), [16] 5/16x1 lag screws and approximately [60] 2 1/2in deck screws. It took me about 3 tries to get one that I really liked and so my prints or of my final product. I have a 1979 Chrysler 55hp O/B sitting on it and my stand seems to be holding up nicely. I really hope all of this helps and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

Link to PDF file (1.33mb)

Here are some Pics:

First attempt:

Got some help from my kids:

Final stand after modifications made:

dh4winn79
    Restoration project: 1979 4Winns Marquise 150 w/ 1979 Chrysler 55hp O/B

11x17 Blueprints for O/B Motor Stand Prints

Re: Building an O/B motor stand - Instructional

Here are just a few more pics:

Pics of 11x17 prints:

dh4winn79