1995 Crownline225 br restoration

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Oh yeah taking lots of pictures. Definitely going to do a lot of measuring. Going to pull the tank soon and motor. I have to check motor mounts and transom. I anticipate rebuilding both. My biggest concern rite now is the stringers and floor. I just don't know what to use and keep the cost down.

jasonbailey

Petty Officer 1st Class
It's a boats and keeping costs low are mutually exclusive. Lots of good info on here about building stringers with BC plywood and tutorials on how to do the fiberglass work. I'm in the same situation as you, but you are farther along in the destruction phase.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So the gas gauge said it was full. And that is the only thing on the boat i was hoping was broken. Nope its full, If it was lake ready and i paid for the boat , it would be empty. I don't even know what gallon tank this thing has . Let alone what to do with the gas. Any ideas out there ???

tpenfield

Staff member
do you know how old the gas is? If it were new/newer you could use it in your automobiles. If it is old, bring in the haz mat disposal guys.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
About three or four years old :facepalm:... Haz Mat :mod: really???

xanthras

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Some may disagree, but I would use it in my lawn mower if it's not ridiculously bad. Hopefully you have a big lawn!

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
If you like to have fires in your yard I think you found a good starter fuel for them. That is what we do around here with old fuel that is no good for motors.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ha thanks xanthras you reminded me. I know s guy with a lawn care business. He'll use anything, it's a shame to ,he has good equipment and doesn't take care of any of it. And I've got some brush to burn lol . JoshO " Git er Dun!!!" Buddy .... let me know if you need anything. ..

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I got all but 30 gallons of gas outta this thing today. And still have more to go. Hoping to have the tank out by this weekend. And maybe if i get lucky engine out buy next weekend

pckeen

Commander
Looks like you're getting somewhere. I'll be along for the ride. Best of luck with this.

So the front of my boat is one piece.And underneath the center section I need to replace the stringers and the plywood. I don't know if I can fiberglass the stringers and the plywood without cutting this section out . It would seem to me that it was done like this for a reason. Or maybe it was the easiest way to build the shell? Is it structural??? I really don't think cutting it out would be a good idea. I saw pictures a year ago where someone cut it out. Does anyone have any input or ideas???

JameO, I have the same problem with the bow section of my boat its all one piece. Looks like we're in the same boat (no pun intended):lol:. I was able to peek a little bit under that front section and saw dark wood (not a good sign) although the floor feels solid. My stringers run about another 6" under that section. I know it sounds crazy to have to rip up that section but it looks like its doable.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
20150730_174609_zpsfphhhr6d.jpg After 2 hours and getting 35 gallons of gas out of the tank. I finally got it pulled out.

Attachments

• 20150730_174609_zpsfphhhr6d.jpg
    20150730_174609_zpsfphhhr6d.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yep guys it does feel good to be moving along . Glad to have you guys along for the ride. It's gonna be a long bumpy one . And there is definitely a lot I'm still not sure of.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Alright the latest and greatest. I'm trying to take the out drive off. And this #!/;*;,:'''#/ won't come off. I put it in forward, and it's hung up, it won't come out. Anyone someone , what's going on????

jasonbailey

Petty Officer 1st Class
Take a breath, put the tools down on the out drive, do a little Google research and come back at it.

Nice job on the tank.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Good idea Jay . Thanks. .. Try again later.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
20150804_180037_zps92mhkptu.jpg Finally found time to make another attempt . I got her this time. Gonna take a short family vacation , and get i'll back at it next week .