'78 Thompson Rub Rail Corner

Magnum12

Recruit
Hello all.

I am hoping this falls under the restoration topic. I have been working on the boat extensively.

I purchased a boat out of a relatives estate. It is a '78 Thompson Fisherman 232. Things are pretty good with it. It is running. Seals are leaking in the Intermediate and Lower 800 series outdrive. I need to rebuild them.

Anyway, yesterday I tried to land the boat at this dock that was full and they started shuffling us to the outside edges and while there were cleats there, it wasn't really suitable dockage. My inexperience and the not really dock led to the back corner of my boat becoming intertwined. My corner rub rail got yanked off when the first swell came along.

I can't find a retail source with anything suitable. There are some maybe candidates in Australia but they don't ship to the U.S.

I am going thru some of the salvage yards from list, I contacted Taco. I could probably use SS or Aluminum.

The OEM is Al cast and it is a full corner as verses an end cap. It is about 1 3/4" inside as it covers rub rail that mounts to the boat. That rail stands off of the boat by about 1 1/4".

There should be one other somewhere.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks for your help.

Magnum12

Recruit
I had to go to Arnold's in Australia to get some corners large enough. I was fairly surprised at that. I should rep them over here. Not cheap but they are beautiful.