1976 Fiberform tri hull keel repair and floor replacement

Hey guys, I'm fixing up my old 14' Fiberform tri hull, the keel has worn away on the bottom and cracked a bit from getting beached over the years. This has caused my foam to saturate with water and was getting very heavy.

I have removed the floor and got all the foam out of the floor. Is the foam structural? I would rather not put the foam back in unless I have to.

Also the two wood beams running lengthwise in the boat are not in the best shape, are there any methods of strengthening the beams without replacing them? I was thinking of painting the boards in fiberglass then laying fiberglass cloth over the boards and onto the hull all the way along.

Any advise from people with the know how is much appreciated!

Thanks

I can't upload my photos, file size is too large. Not sure how else I can get them onto the site for you to see.

Mark72233

Ensign
Try using Photobucket. Open a free account there, down load your pictures into your photobucket account. You can do it from any computer or even an Iphone. Then I open 2 tabs on my computer or iphone and copy pics from photobucket and paste onto iboats blog with comments. They show up on your post as big pics like the one below. Instructions are on here somewhere. Let me see if I can find them and post it for you.