1976 Sea Sprite Cougar 15 restoration

76Cougar15

Recruit
I recently acquired this 76 Cougar 15'. The hull and fiberglass are in good shape. It's got a 90hp Johnson and it runs fine, other than a clicking, like something slipping out of place. My plan is to restore the interior, new flooring on top of the fiberglass, run vinyl around, new seats, etc. like I said, the outside is in good shape, the interior has taken some damage or has been pulled out previously.

What I'm looking for are DIY tips or sites that might carry these accessories. I'd like to add a bilge pump with a mount for the switch near the steering column or next to gear.

I am not by any means a mechanic or carpenter, though I learn fast and understand logic.

I'll post some pics soon

Thanks

Last edited:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hmmm a 1976 boat may need more then 'new flooring on top of the fiberglass' but post aome pix of your boat.

Look around, lots of helpful info in lots of topics here in the resto forum.

Welcome to iboats, the best place on the net for help and guidance on a boat project.

76Cougar15

Recruit
Anyone know where I might find bow seats and back padding that runs around the boat?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
More than likely you'll have to make them yourself, or have em' made. Not that hard to do.;)