I think my boat is getting jealous

redneckvulcanrider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well every time I get a chance to work on the boat when my wife is off work (day off or vacation) and has the little one. She (the wife's) comes up with something I need or have to do and now every time I walk out the door the boat glares at me any one else have this problem and how do I fix it told wife that I needed to at least sit in it and make motor boat sounds to make her (the boat) happy. Boy did I get funny looks. My 4th planed launch date has came and be gone tomorrow.

Mr.Stickney

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I hear you there. Its a delicate balance to keep them both happy. We had Canada day on Wednesday and I had a whole day of work planned, which was soon hijacked by social gatherings that I was not aware of. My boat couldn't believe I cancelled on her.

I've found the trick is to negotiate up front. When the wife asked me to go with her all day Wednesday I agreed without complaining, but quickly turned it around to ensure that I get a weekend free of commitments and interruptions. She agreed and away we go.

Now that I type this , maybe I should have got it in writing...

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Best laid plans of? Thankfully I have a very understanding partner in crime. She even enjoys helping.

redneckvulcanrider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ya I think you should of got it in writing. I have tried that when she was on vac I was so posed to get to work on the boat all week it never happened she had me doing everything else. So I bought her a vac steam mop combo for mothers day and layed and grouted half the kitchen floor and bought me a jet ski for Father's Day and then told her kitchen floor will get done when my boats done. Il show her who's boss lol

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
The whole secret is to get them to enjoy being on the water. They become much more receptive once that is accomplished.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I'm lucky in that the Admiral loves being on the water as much as I do. She also enjoys helping out with projects which means 2 sets of hands most of the time. We have many projects in different stages of completion. Some of our boat projects get held up due to weather as well as family events, however she is pretty forgiving of the days when I just can't wrap my head around work we need done when I have the boat on my mind. The Starcraft gets most of the attention right now because it's the one we use the most. The Stratos well that's a whole other situation. She's patiently sitting waiting for me to get back on her resto. She is in the garage safe and dry so I think she is understanding of the lack of attention she is getting at the moment. Come to think of it I think I may go dust her off this afternoon just so she doesn't feel forgotten or ignored.

Quantumn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Such the complications we must endure, I agree with Bonz_D, the key is getting her excited over not what needs to be done, but the fun that will be had by all after its done. Having an understanding partner is key in a successful project, some take a little more time to come around. My lady at first wouldn't even talk to me for a whole week when she saw my project in the driveway. This is also after she told me not to buy it, the price dropped quite a bit, so I snagged it up. To ask forgiveness is sometimes better than asking for permission, you just need to deal with those situations the best you can, lol.
She works at our local Menards store and now she is constantly bringing home new power tools, rags, acetone, etc etc. Got to just love when they do come around and are excited more than you are.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Pretty lucky with the fishing boat restoration because the Admiral really loves to fish ! And it reminds her of her fathers old fishing boat she grew up fishing from ..
The MFG she was completely on board with because it was my fathers and she knew it meant a great deal to me ..
Now when I brought the Borum go fast boat home well lets say she was a lot less than excited .. :twitch:
All she said was "your doing the fishing boat first "! :lol:

redneckvulcanrider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well her enjoying it won't happen she won't step foot in the water or get on a boat if she can't see the bottom and it's over her waist then it will be a no go she never learnt how to swim very good. On a plus she doesn't mind me putting money into the things I love to do. Hay i did get to grind on the boat for 20 minutes tonight wish I had a garage to work in but that won't be built intill spring of 2017.