SeaArk Sun Savannah gas tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTLWILLIE

Cadet
So i bought this monstrosity of a boat the middle of last season.
The seller used to just pull the boat up on shore a bit and tied it off to a tree.
Apparently by doing this, water frequently splashed up by the motor going into the vent tube for the internal gas tank. So he stopped using that tank and just put a small 5 gallon tank in one of the backcompartments on the deck and used that...which is what i continued to use.
I would like to start using the main tank since i trailer mine after every use.
When i stuck a mirror and flash light into one of the small access holes on the deck, i was able to see that one of the straps that holds the tank down is broke.

So long story long, i'm assuming i need to rip the deck off of the boat to get at this tank to fix the strap as well as check the rest of the tank over for issues?

I can't find any information at all online about this boat, so i don't know where to even start. I've only owned little aluminum 12'-16' aluminum fishing boats in my life, so this kind and size of a boat is new to me.

Thanks
Matt

Attachments

• 1998 SeaArk Sun Savannah.jpg
    1998 SeaArk Sun Savannah.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 1998 SeaArk Sun Savannah.jpg
    1998 SeaArk Sun Savannah.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

LTLWILLIE

Cadet
Anyone ever heard of, seen or dealt with a SeaArk Sun Savannah???

So i bought this boat last year and it's a 1998 with a 1998 Evinrude 150 on it.
I can't seem to find much info at all on this boat. I need to order some replacement parts and don't know where to go.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Matt

starmate

Seaman Apprentice
Have you tried www.SeaArk.com and contact manufacturer?
I just bought a 1997 SeaArk 20.1 Sun Tastic, with a 115 Johnson. I have a sales Brochure from 97 Showing info on your boat.

Attachments

• Med 23 Sun Savana.jpg
    Med 23 Sun Savana.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 3

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thanks, but the OP isn't hanging around anymore. Old, inactive thread and now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.