89 16' Predator CC deck restore

rcxdm40

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Just picked up my fiberglass supplies from Johnson Fiberglass in South Houston. Great place and very helpful. 5gal poly resin was $130. Not sure if that's good or not but saved the shipping cost I guess. Also picked up 20yds of csm at $6 yd and 20yds woven roven at $8 yd. picked up the stuff for PB. Only thing I didn't get was the gel coat but got a sample to try. Gel coat is $58 gal is that about right. Thanks guys

rcxdm40

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Yes sir, got a gallon of Cabosil and a gallon of 1/4" chopped strand. Lots of other stuff too. It's was an expensive day at the fiberglass shop lol

Quantumn

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Seems like you have a great start on supplies, and your score on resin was rather decent. Wish I had that opportunity. Loving the pictures and looking forward to your resto. I know your in good hands. That Teal Blue really has got me thinking a bit, in the sense that I really like it, maybe I will consider it for my resto as well.

rcxdm40

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Got the holes repaired. I didn't put any 1/4 chopped strand in the PB I made. Is that ok?

rcxdm40

Petty Officer 3rd Class
WOG I used 5ml per pint of resin. I had my resin in the air conditioning. It kicked in about an hour. Guess it took a little while to warm up.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Alrighty then.... 1 hour kick time is about right for a 1% mix. If the temps are high maybe a bit quicker.

rcxdm40

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Were back to working on the boat, it has taken over a month to get the paperwork back for a lost title and the previous owner is deceased. We stopped working (spending money on it till we got titles on everything). We are good to go now!!!