KeelGuard

otter4857

Recruit
Has anyone realigned a Keelguard. I ended up with a real nice S curve in the one I installed last weekend? Is their a way to loosen the bond?
Thanks Otter4857

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Never tried. Their adhesive is some strong stuff but...IF I was gunna try I'd prolly use a heat gun and a putty knife. IF you get it off I'd recommend using some HH-66 Vinyl Cement to reinstall it. Wear gloves and a mask cuz this is some strong nasty stuff. And like before make sure you have it aligned properly cuz once it's stuck...It's STUCK!!!!

Megaware KeelGuard

iboats Partner
Hi Otter 4857, fortunately/unfortunately the KeelGuard cannot be realigned without sacrificing the adhesive. The adhesive used is designed to stick on for life (the fortunate part...). It is a pressure sensitive closed foam adhesive. If the KeelGuard has to be removed for any reason the adhesive is designed to split (causing the adhesive to stick to both the boat and KeelGuard. Once it's removed the residue left on the boat can be removed with a nylon putty knife, pinstripe eraser wheel, or pressure washer. If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks