Adding hinge to bow rail for trolling motor

sutor623

Rear Admiral
I have found the stainless steel tubing hinges I need to hinge the bow rail for trolling motor deploy but where can I find the clasp for the other end? Heres what I am talking about for the hinges:

Attachments

• photo222269.jpg
    photo222269.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 0

Arawak

Chief Petty Officer
Nice find! Where did you find that... might need one myself.

As for the other end... might have to fabricate it out of a piece of slight larger diameter.

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Nice find! Where did you find that... might need one myself.

As for the other end... might have to fabricate it out of a piece of slight larger diameter.

Thanks, yea there are a few different hinges out there to choose from. I like my bow rail but love my trolling motor. I think you are right, just a simple piece of larger diameter tubing may be a good rest for the rail.

You can just google 7/8" stainless steel tube hinge and it will come up.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Instead of adding a hinge, how about terminating the rail fore and aft of the TM mounting plate. A pair of something like the one on the right would do it. How much clearance under your rail? Is it enough to clear the TM mount?

37907.gif

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Hmmmm, thats a good idea. I have to measure but I think the rail is about 6-8" above the deck. There is also an anchor hatch in the center that Id like to continue to use. Ill get some better pics tomorrow, but for now I have these.

Last edited:

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Got some more pics. Just ordered a huge piece of HDPE cutting board. I will use it to mount the TM up front and whatever is left will be my "starboard" for my transom transducer brackets.

I was thinking of maybe cutting and capping the bow rail just in front of the highest support rails.