1963 Lone Star Medallion all 16' of fun

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
classicat the extra hoppy is too hoppy. Save your money. This is regular IPA its good.

GA yeah thin but minimal runs but hence the 4 scale on a close up.

I've reached the point of the day where i do more thinking versus doing aka too much beverage. Going to jump in the pool and take a nap

test run with the 'seaside'. She likes it so going with it.

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020
classicat the extra hoppy is too hoppy. Save your money. This is regular IPA its good.
...ed the point of the day where i do more thinking versus doing aka too much beverage. Going to jump in the pool THEN take a nap

^^^ fixed it :)

I hear ya on the regular ipa...this is what the admiral keeps bring me so I aint complainin' :)

In fact...having a celebratory beverage right now! Changed the rear leaf spring shackle on my '01 silverado without having to burn or cut anything!! :thumb:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah Joe I have one of those handles and I still can't do any large areas worth beans, be careful the handle doesn't shift a bit partially covering the nozzle.

You're neck doesn't get very red working inside like that! Now put on a respirator and get back to work on that LS. :D

I'm not much for Ale beers, the German brewmaster at our local brewery says a monkey can make ale. :lol: His Marzen is fantastic. :very_drunk:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep:

Yes, Dear

^^^c2 of the most important words in the 'Talking to the Admiral' handbook ;)

Esp regarding projects and project boats in particular.........

Mine likes both the name and the 'shade' of Seaside, would like it to be a locational goal for our future.....

Got your PM, no action on that subject. It wasn't a 'need' at this time... :watermelon:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Can talking about adult beverages be considered going off topic. Nah, it makes paint stripping and trailer fixin' almost bearable. :lol:

If it matters I like the seaside, too.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Morning all.

Why did no one point out I forgot to make a piece of the floor? 32" peice just plain forgot. I was standing there pondering life and it hit me. Good thing I haven't ignited the burn pile. It also explains why I was able to return a sheet of plywood. Unfortunately I also now need to order more nautolex - I cut without regard to scrap because I had so much extra, so my leftovers ain't gonna cut it. The budget ain't liking this....

as long as i'm ordering more I'm thinking I'm just going to do the side panels with it as well. Won't have to worry as much about cutting it.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
My Merc harness suffered from the typical Merc old-age crumblies. I cut back to good wire/insulation and spliced just like your talking about, Joe. You could cut and splice in the middle so the extended section is hidden under the gunnel and the visible ends still look unmolested.

Merc harnesses start at 20 feet and go up. So the problem is always hiding the extra length. No idea what J-E does.

Finally hit me what you posted here - splice in the middle. This morning I was looking online at pics of the control box and was not looking forward to working in there, plus then the colors would be different for future troubleshooting. Since I've screwed the budget with the flooring, this will happen and shouldn't be hard at all, as long as i keep the IPA consumption down until complete.

Just ordered the cables (here from iboats) and more of the flooring.

I'm home this week so should get her all painted, bilge pump and floor installed. She slept in the garage last night and will until complete; rain off and on all week this keeps dry and no bird crap.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
ok was not going to tell you all this until the end but other than popping rivets on the side panels to access the back I was just going to paint over them. A single beverage induced me to take an old wood chisel and pry a bit. Turns out they were just pressed in and a spot of two sided tape here and there. Can't get the star off, which is probably why it got painted red.

No back nut or anything.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
inside mostly painted. The starboard side needs to dry a bit then I'll pull up the steering cable and wires to finish painting. The bottom section there was 100% covered (raw aluminum) by the side panel that is going back up but like I did on the Carver going to cut a slot to use as more storage. That is where the majority of the rot on the floor was; no air could get to it.

No one warned me about overspray on my feet.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well put first coat on the port side this morning. Interestingly as it dried it went to a flat, rather than gloss, finish. Couldn't figure it out. Until I went to find my can of primer.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well my body man stopped by today (he's kind of a friend) and he said the boat looked pretty good so thats cool. This side is done, four coats. Need to tape / paper off the top strake to finish the blue

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
need a couple more coats inside but close there. Need to clean off the topside and start there. On track for being done with the paint in two days then on to the floor. Oh need to call and see how my seats are coming.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Speaking of floor, bilge pump is glued down. Turns out the freezer trick for 5200 works. Had to drill out the plug but 75% of the tube is still good after about a year.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
three coats of the blue on. It sure is nice working on a flat versus vertical surface. Now to wait for the day while it cures (very humid today) then tape/paper off the blue on the bow and hit the white. That will just leave the transom/splashwell which is mostly done just need to finish the details.

Tomorrow reassemble the cleats etc and hopefully put in the floor and start taking apart the wiring on the motor to swap from the donor boat.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
well seats are ready old Gordon wasn't as nice as normal could have save $50 or so buying basic new ones. Oh well, reduce, reuse, recycle. Picking them up tomorrow.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
which threw by budget up a bit more...

BudgetActualdelta
All in 39153541-212

jbcurt00

Staff member
Be sure the paint is ready to have tape put on to it...... Even outta the rattle can, it is dry long before it cures.

Good luck w/ the OB swap tomorrow.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
yeah going to let cure for at least 24 hours, probably 48 and if I can get out of the garage in between storms the sun can bake it.

Last edited: