1963 Lone Star Medallion all 16' of fun

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
tightened up a few loose ends.

new prop

put the ladder on 'properly' - it's not the right design but the PO got it on just sloppy, wrong bolts, and sharp edges. Works well.

New side panels in. Previously there was no cut out so I did that to add storage.

Side rails. Not original but I like them for fenders or tying off if the cleats are not in a good position. It was very flimsy before but I added 5/8" plywood underneath very sturdy now

Light back on with a new bulb and socket.

Came with a bimini which I'm going to get done in white or a close match blue but bonus while digging around in the cabinet found some extra metal ones from the Carver to replace the (broken) black plastic ones on it.

Swapped this from the donor boat to replace another black plastic item

New horn on.

Then the storm hit. 2 of our three umbrellas are now at the dump

took to the lake thursday afternoon, ran great all friday used about 5 gallons over about 35 miles with 4 people, 12 gallons and a big cooler. Cruises 22 comfortably. With all the gear and people takes a bit to plane out but just me about a second with low bow rise and 33 top end before porpoiseing.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
So other than the bimini that should wrap this thread up. Anything else comes along I'll post in the proper forum as at this point it will not be part of the resto.

Side note - I did tell my wife I promised not to fix up any more boats until after the house is paid for in a year or two. She was quite relieved. Then, (and I have witnesses) I told her that didn't mean I wouldn't buy them.... (evil laugh here)

OK thanks for watching I'm off to watch the announcement on what AT&T has in store for our company.

hadaveha

Petty Officer 1st Class
Love it great job love the colors. I put a whale tale on mine made my 1960 lone star get on plane in about half the time.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Looks great, congrats on a nice rehab

Too bad about the umbrellas....RIP.............

Hope the AT&T announcement is good news

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
The ole LS looks great out on the waves once again, nice work Joe! :thumb:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Good job on the LS, Joe. :thumb:

If you keep taking stuff off the donor, there won't be much to sell. :smile:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
HA - swap/replace...

no bites on the donor at $750 so thinking about stripping parts and hauling off to dump if no one bites at $400.

64osby

Admiral
What a great looking boat.

I have been checking your thread for a few weeks when able and the pics weren't showing for me. Think it was the wifi network setting where I was.

Pics showed up while at my house today. Awesome job :thumb::cool:

Getting rid of donors will always make the admiral happier.:rolleyes:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Thanks and yep, I've pulled most everything out / off I can. Steering cable is set inside the foam so prob not going to worry on that. If I can't find a place to haul to I'll start chopping into small chunks and hauling off the the convenience center (no trash service in the county). They take TV's and such so assuming fiberglass will be ok.

Had an ask on what I'd need to sell it, no word back. If I get rid of the donor and this one, I get to get another!

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Woo woo $19.07 to leave the Glasser at the dump. Now to sell the trailed and the trolling motor to get back under budget so my wife will let me buy another one.

64osby

Admiral
My last donor hull cost $70 and I had to drive 40 miles to the landfill. Nice deal for you.

Best of luck getting under budget.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Did you sell the TM yet? $120 is 120 you didn't have this morning. You didn't spend anything on the trailer did you? Besides the ole glasser's final 1way cruise?

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
still have the trolling motor, only bite (from CL) that I've had some dude just wanted the bracket. I said no - who knows, I might ends up with a pond boat sometime next year...

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Well decided to add a 21st century feature. A power point with a standard plug on one side plus two usb ports on the other.

I also ordered from here at iboats a stereo that will replace the non funtioning speedometer on the dash in the existing hole. Bluetooth! I need to build a bench / cover for the back area to cover up the battery and gas tank and will put the speakers back there

Frey0357

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hello RNJ. Your boat turned out really nice! The colors (glad you chose those, they look perfect!) and paint are really nice, and she looks great out on the water.

Enjoyed your project! Congrats on the 21st Century feature.

Frey