Would you sit in these jump seats while underway?

sutor623

Rear Admiral
1995 20' Sunbird Neptune. Would you guys feel okay sitting in these seats while underway? The brackets run at a 45 degree angle to the back of the boat when the seat is locked into place. There is no kickstand that pops out underneath but it feels very solid when you sit on it.

produceguy

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I'm 160 soaking wet,I wouldn't have an issue but get a large man sitting on them you could have issues.

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Oh yea, no big dudes for sure. I was just wondering if these are designed and coast guard approved to be used while moving. I dont see why they wouldnt. I couldnt find a weight capacity tag on them.

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
I would say they are fine, I would sit on them. Back ones maybe not while under way.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you have serious doubts, why not remove them and build some solid based designed seat with some storage under neither them? You'll get some extra storage and solid seats to hold anybody... Works for me! JMHO!

sutor623

Rear Admiral
If you have serious doubts, why not remove them and build some solid based designed seat with some storage under neither them? You'll get some extra storage and solid seats to hold anybody... Works for me! JMHO!

I could do that, but I will be mainly fishing off this boat. I like that fact that those seats flip down and out of the way. I was just curious as to what they were for. Just sitting around or actually moving about. Like produce guy pointed out, there isnt much back behind those seats. Sure wouldnt want to be sitting back there in rough water..............

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Not while underway, no. Low backs and folding feature are a couple of liabilities I wouldn't want my passengers subjected to.

How are the Catfish biting Pete?

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral
As long as the locking is secure I would. Its not like your going to be flooring it in rough waters or wake jumping behind barges :)

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Smooth water sure I would sit there but if it got rough I would be moving up .. A grab rail on the side would be nice ..

zool

Captain
I would just put my least favorite passengers back there....call them in-law seats or whatever :D

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Hahahaha, in-law seats!! Grab rails would be a good idea. Jign, catfish have been biting good. Got a little heavier into landlocked stripers though. Boat is doing great, just wanted something with a windshield, and a little heavier than my tinny.

Thanks for all the input guys, always great to get a mixed bag of opinions to help decide what to do.