1974 Starcraft American

johnsav2006

Cadet
I took my boat out today and when I took it out of the water after 2 hours it seemed like alot of water came out when i pulled the plug ... I went out with me and my family

Tnstratofam

Commander
If no one got in or out of the boat for watersports or swimming then that would indicate you're taking on water. Is the boat an inboard/sterndrive or an outboard.? You could have a leak in the drive belows if an inboard/sterndrive, or a leak in the transom or splashwell if an outboard. Check the hull for any damage. Also inspect your transom closely. I believe the Starcraft American is a fiberglass run about correct? If it's an aluminum Starcraft that would present a whole different group of items to check for leaks.

Tnstratofam

Commander
Have you had any excess water out of the drain in the past? Does the boat stay covered or in a carport or garage when not in use?

Tnstratofam

Commander
I just remembered you recently bought this boat. So if the boat has been kept in the dry while you've owned it then it means either it has a leak or was left uncovered by a previous owner and there is water lurking below deck.