1978 17' Wilson marine hydro sport combo

redneckvulcanrider

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hello to all I've been a lurker and a stalker on the site for a while now decided to post my project. I traded my old street bike for this 1978 17' Wilson marine hydro sport combo with a 3 cylinder 75 hp evinrude sport about 2 years ago ( think my wife thought I was crazy,well maybe she still thinks I am) I new from the start it needed work well I decided on a full restoration with some personal modifications. Well I dug into it took measurements and started cutting and grinding then had to set it on the back burner due to adopting a little boy that keeps me busy and taking my In laws old house over that is being restored also. Well my wife gave me a reprieve from the house restoration for a while so I could work on boat. So I'm in process of laying in my filets.the boat will be getting new gel coat top and bottom top will be blue with silver metal flake gray carpet and bottom will be white. Along with the new stringers trasom and the works. I have restored a couple old wooden plank boats with my father in the past and have built a couple stitch canoes so no rookie but no expert ethier. My supply's have came from us composites and boat carpets and also from I boats (we won't tell wife the totals on supply's yet may never ssh)