1977 Century Arabian - what to do?

joenapier

Seaman
Friends,

BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front) - I've got a nicely restored* (see below) 1977 Century Arabian that I want to unload and I need options. I'm posting here first not as a "for sale" advertisement, but just to tell my story and maybe get your comments about my options.

TROTS (The Rest of the Story) - In 2009-2010 I lurked these forums and received so many gems of invaluable information during my restoration. On balance, I know I got more good information than I gave (see my old posts) and I am thankful to all of you that do restorations on these old beautiful boats. Everythign was done from new floor, new wood trim and dash, new upholstery, new paint job (roll and tip). See final project post - http://forums.iboats.com/forum/boat...hull-repair/403079-77-century-arabian-finally

The restore went well and we enjoyed a couple years in Charleston, SC with the boat. What a head turner it was - everyone else with their new plastic boats called it a hotrod on the water.

In the Fall of 2012 I had a mishap that swamped the back end of the boat (exhaust scupper came off). I calmly asked the family to abandon ship and I frantically bailed while a friend towed me in. The engine, batter, alternator, starter, trim motor, and all of that was touched by the sea water. I emptied about 4 cans of WD-40 all over everything, replaced the starter and alternator, but it never started again. I dunno - the entire engine (which was a 1985 Mercruiser 260) may need replaced as well as wiring and other accessories.

I've moved the family to Bowling Green, KY and we just don't have the interest and I don't have the energy to get it running again. I've got locals here with plastic boats that still call me a friend. I looked for a marine repair shop that would replace the motor but they were not interested.

As a project boat, it could live again. As a parts boat, there are lots of good impossible to find parts. It is worth about $.03 / lbs at a junk yard (sniff, sniff).

I'll have some pics of it in its current condition soon.

So I ask you all - what other options do I have?

Thanks,
Joe

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Post your Links, Pics, and story on CL and Hang a Price tag with a OBO on the end of it and see what happens. There may be some CA guy out there that fall in love with her and wants a Project.