Aluminum boat painting

Golfer50

Seaman Apprentice
Thank you Woodon, I don't care so much if I can see it, I just want to stop it from going further.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Golfer50. look at the Weldon type glues on the net and see what they offer. I used some two part clear glue from them to build circuit board etcher tanks made out of acrylic material and that two part glue cures perfectly clear and even can be sanded and polished as well. It could do the job and make the crack disappear too. I can't say for certain. but really great glue... JMHO!

And GOlfer50, YES, WOG is an addict too... Don't let him tell you any difference... :pound:

Last edited:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
For some of us old folks that don't facebook or tweet this is our social network.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
The other good part is nobody has to "Like Me" in order to be here!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Nice to see that we are all in good humor on this cold and rainy day!

Golfer50, that is one fine looking old boat. Did you decide what you're going to do about the carpet?

Golfer50

Seaman Apprentice
Thank you bonz! I'm leaning towards carpet at this point, but not 100% committed yet. I should find the closest replacement I can.
I only paid $1000 for the package so I have a little money to play with.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I'll suggest again from your other thread that I think you should look for some 14 or 16oz rubber backed marine carpet as it's easy to work with and dries quickly. The stuff I got was such a close match to what Lund used that I couldn't tell the difference.

Golfer50

Seaman Apprentice
I'll suggest again from your other thread that I think you should look for some 14 or 16oz rubber backed marine carpet as it's easy to work with and dries quickly. The stuff I got was such a close match to what Lund used that I couldn't tell the difference.

Where did you pick it up?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
A competing store that I can't mention here on the forum. PM