New dash unit

Slice of Life

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm looking to replace my dash panel in my Bayliner 1992 Cierra 2655. I'm aware there are plenty of aftermarket replacement panel companies that will replace parts of the dash, specifically flat plates in wood grain or other materials, but I cannot find one that makes aftermarket pieces of the entire dash unit.

The current dash is similar to the one linked. I'd like to have something more modern like this:

The options out there for this boat are slim and show signs of wear themselves no doubt to the age of the boat. Any ideas? Thanks.

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
You could wrap the panels with vinyl. I did my gauge bezel and glove box with carbon fiber. Cost like $15.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
So many folks don't know that the usual trophy shops can make or duplicate a dash panel like that. My wife used to do those things before she retired and I designed tons of them for folks as well. And the color, texture, and most anything you can dream up can be made...check you local trophy shop and see what is available.

Slice of Life

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Looking to replace the entire console. I have a new set of gauges to put in and have the wiring organized now to put a new console in.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Might check eBay. Most of the Aftermarket consoles I've seen are center mounts and they are PRICEEEEEEEEEY!!!!:eek:

Slice of Life

Petty Officer 3rd Class
No Title

Here's a pic of my current console. I have new instruments for it as all but one of the current ones will not work properly. You can see that the plastic console itself has oxidized and is almost completely white when it's supposed to be a glossy black. As a replacement for this is apparently very rare, and I'm considering simply repainting the current one. Any suggestions on the best way to do this? I know nothing about properly painting and restoring something like this, and I know just painting it with a can of spray paint wont cut it. Thanks.

Attachments

• photo220364.jpg
    photo220364.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
One can covers 10-12 sq ft soooo I think one would do it. Again PREP is the the key. Wash and scrub with warm soapy water and then a good acetone wash done prior to Spraying it on. I'd also recommend getting it warm and flexible prior to spraying.