Should I plug this limber hole?

zool

Captain
Ok , well now I'm REALLY lost!!!!

Im pretty sure he wants to put a dam, on the tank side of the bulkhead hole, with a removable plug in it....so water would have to get like 6 inches high in the engine bilge, before it could flow over......im not really sure of the benefit tho...

v8George

Seaman Apprentice
Im pretty sure he wants to put a dam, on the tank side of the bulkhead hole, with a removable plug in it....so water would have to get like 6 inches high in the engine bilge, before it could flow over......im not really sure of the benefit tho...

Close, a dam on the bilge side. . This will keep regular bilge water out of the coffin. If somehow water got in the coffin, I can remove the plug and let it drain into the bilge. leaving the top open lets me see if there is any water ever collecting.

v8George

Seaman Apprentice
Update, I have been running the boat like this for two seasons and the coffin is still bone dry. Due to the typical nature of the bilge, I will get an inch or so of water in the bilge but it never gets close to even covering the drain plug, never mind getting higher than the damn. The dam design has worked out really well.