Is this ole tub worth restoring?

hsi111

Seaman
This boat was born a 2000 express. I picked it up for cheap. Would you waste you time restoring it?

Attachments

• photo219707.jpg
    photo219707.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1
  • photo219708.jpg
    photo219708.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 1

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
is it what you want? i would waste all my time restoring any boat i can get my hands on if the admiral would allow:noidea::wacko::crazy:

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
If you have any paperwork for it heck yah that's some nice tin you have and it will fix up real pretty! What make and model is it anyway?

fetch

hsi111

Seaman
No Title

Attachments

• photo219710.JPG
    photo219710.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo219711.JPG
    photo219711.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 0

woodstockmarine

Seaman Apprentice
Not a hard rebuild. The old stuff looks to be already torn out so half the work is done. Go for it

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
What's your budget? What's your intended use for the Boat? Is the transom Good? Stringers? Deck/Floor? Hull? Do you have a Motor or will you need to buy one? Lot's of variables!!!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Not sure why you would even need to ask. 1st of all you already bought it so you must like it. There has already been a good head start so that saves a lot of time and effort.

I'd get it turned over and start stripping and sanding. Looks like a nice new coat of paint and you'll have something worth showing off. More pictures please!

I see a remote throttle on there, did you get the steering console as well?

Last edited:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Personally I see a very nice boat there (when finished), however, you have to ask yourself if you have the time, money, and skills to refurbish that boat. Don't be fooled, there is a lot of dirty, nasty work ahead of you. But if you like such type work, and can spend the funds to make it like new, go for it. There are tons of folks on these forums to help you along and suggest things that need to be done to bring it back to its glory days again...

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Nice thing about is that tin boats are soooo much easier and rehab faster than glass boats.

hsi111

Seaman
Thank you everyone for your positive replies. This thread is actually a lead in to my project that I have already started. I will be spending weekends refurbing the old tub. It is a fishing boat and thats what I wanted. I think that it would be appropriate to rename this thread ( Refurbishing My Old Aluminum Bass Boat ). Please follow me and this thread and I promise to update the whole way. Please offer comments and advice at will. This Project will most likely last the whole summer, Give me a few hours to start the new thread. Thanks, Rick

Last edited: