Best "filler" to repair freeze damage on Hardtop

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
It appears that moisture got behind the "filler" they used to fill the imperfections on the edges of the hardtop during manufacture and froze. The damaged started as small hair line cracks where horizontal met vertical and progressed into what you see in the attached photo. There are several locations that are starting to crack so a failure in these locations isn't to far off.

What's the best product to repair the damaged areas? I'm not sure if I'll finish the damaged areas with gelcoat or have the entire top repainted if that matters any.

Attachments

• photo219386.JPG
    photo219386.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 0

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW dingbat, that looks nasty. I would think the usual prep work as with any polyester and fiberglass repair on most boat hulls would do that job. But I would certainly remove all the crap inside and clean it our real good before sealing it back up. I think I would even remove it from the vehicle and make certain it was air dried inside in an out of the weather area for a while. But that is just my opinion not actually being there and seeing the thing in person...