Bought a "new" boat, I have worries.

tmfd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello, I just bought a 2006 Lund 1625 Classic. I bought from dealer the day after they took it in. They didn't check it out very well I guess. They sent me home with a boat that has two small, but open, screw holes in the transom. Someone took off a transducer and didn't do anything at all about holes. I believe the boat has only been in water once since the holes were open. But when I got home I raised front of boat and drained water and noticed water coming out of the holes a small bit. My worry is that the transom has water in it now. Is this something to make me return boat? Small screw holes, but was very disappointed. Who does this to an otherwise gorgeous boat without fixing? Wow.

java230

Petty Officer 1st Class
Does it have a wood transom? Not real familiar with the Lund's. Otherwise its an aluminum boat. Put a couple of screws with 4200 on them in the holes.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Why did the boat have water in it? If water came out of the holes...Not good. She's almost 10 years old, I'd be talking to the dealer about it, but...I wouldn't be holding my breath about them doing much. I'd inject some antifreeze in them holes for several days. That'll help wick out as much water as possible and then I'd seal em with 5200.

tmfd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks guys. The dealer said "there's no wood down there", at the bottom of transom where one would install a transducer. I poked around in there and it does feel like foam, not wood. Cant even get to the holes on the inside of the boat, splash well would need to come out. I also injected some antifreeze in the holes just to be safe. I think I will wait a couple days and seal 'em up.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
The dealer told you the truth. There is no wood that low in the transom of a Lund boat unless it is one of the older glass models. Leave it drain and dry for a few days then seal it up with the properly sized stainless screws and sealer.

BTW, that is a nice boat you just bought, it should serve you well for many years.

tmfd

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you all very much for the replies. I'm excited to get 'er out on the water very soon.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Cover or garage your boat and keep the bow up with the drain plug out and let all the water drain out and don't let anymore in, you don't want your foam to get saturated.

There's a butt-load of foam in a Lund and it would be a real shame for it to become water-logged:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M30nDtZ4iys

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
There's a butt-load of foam in a Lund and it would be a real shame for it to become water-logged: [url said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M30nDtZ4iys[/url]

Whats the resale value of that boat in the video?