Crownliner 94 floor

redfalcon

Cadet
Hi. I bought this boat and I am trying to restore but I am a rookie on it. I am attaching pictures of how the floor looks now, Any comments, ideas, suggestions are welcome. I am thinking about using some PT plywood but I don't know if I have to replace anything else.

Thanks,

Attachments

• photo219079.jpg
    photo219079.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
  • photo219080.jpg
    photo219080.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 0
  • photo219081.jpg
    photo219081.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 0

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah all that black wood is rotten and all the stringers need to be removed. You should start by pulling the motor out and then go to town tearing and cutting.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, read thru some of the other resto's posted in the Resto forum. There is a fair amount of work ahead. Pulling the engine, and making sure the hull is well supported on more then 'just' the trailer bunks/rollers are the 1st steps. There are many more to come.

Making sure the hull doesn't deform after you start gutting it, and moving around inside the hull while doing that, is IMPORTANT.

NO Pressure Treated (PT) lumber or plywood, unless it's kiln dried PT, which is not easy to find in many locations. Being in Florida, you may have a much better chance of finding it then I do in WV. The stuff from HD or Lowes isn't a good choice for many reasons, which are discussed at length in many of the Resto topics.

Welcome to iboats

bigdirty

Senior Chief Petty Officer
oh my.. :lol: meeeemories...... yup, shes rotten man, rip it all out and rebuild time. If you stick PT ply on that it will "look" good for a while.., and maybe still float, but it wont be safe...