Fiberglass leaking false floor, cant find source

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a c13 Caribe, it doesnt leak water into the hull unless I wash the hull or if I get a lot of spray into the boat.

Its not a lot of water, but annoying.

Normally it just feels like condensation inside and no water when I undo the bung an stick my finger inside. But noticed a cup or so after washing the deck the other day.

Still would like to find the source. There are no cracks and there are no bolts through the false floor. Im going to inspect the anchor well closer.

Great boat regardless.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Isn't this an Inflatable Boat? Is the floor designed to be watertight??

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi woodonglass, hope you been well.

Yes its an enclosed buoyancy chamber with trade plate top floor, seat supports (built into the glass) and anchor well. Has a top floor bung and a condensation bung for inside the chamber. Normally I just feel condensation when out on the water. But after washing the top deck this time I got water into that chamber coming out the condensation bung. Dipped my finger and it was fresh water so that tells me it was from washing. I can see a few gel coat stress fractures around where the seat supports join the hull but they are hairline and wouldnt have thought washing it could let that much water through there. Im thinking its a hole/crack somewhere in the anchor well as that seldom gets water in it but I was spraying around the anchor well seat a lot as it was messy with blood and guts.

Its the c13 version with no console, tiller steer.

http://www.caribenautica.com/run_about.htm

Thanks for your help as always.

BoatFisho

Petty Officer 1st Class
Found it, was a small hair line crack in the anchor well. Fixed it with ease.