1984 scarab III (couple question's on floor in cuddy)

Has anyone on here actually worked on the cuddy floor of a scarab III ???? i have one that's actually in good condition with the exception of the cuddy floor.. now before I go further id like to say that I am familiar with rotted stringers, and bulk heads from my previous boat.. but this is well I don't know what this is.. the floor is or feel's 100% straight up center of floor in cuddy.. it feels spongy on both sides.. i cut back the carpet to find the previous fiberglass that used to tie the floor to the underside of the seating in the cuddy just simply pulled away...like it was a bad lay up or something.. now that's what most of the floor feel's like.. now another area right out side of the bathroom feel's like it could be a little further gone then the other area...im wondering if someone could provide some better pictures of the under neath side of the scarab III cuddy floor without me cutting holes in it just yet.. id like see what id be working with.. it almos feels like i could lay a floor in there and re tab it to bottom of seats..So, has anyone got any further information on this.. Ive already been told these scarab's were known for week area's in cuddy floor.. but i think this one is salvagable.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
How long have you owned the boat? Do you know the previous history as far as storage and maintenance is concerned? She's 31 years old and if she's not been meticulously taken care of then there's no way of knowing. I personally can't help you with any diagrams of the stringer structure under the cabin, but i'll do some searching.

I have not owned her long enough, only about two, maybe three months. the floor doesn't seem rotten, but where the wood floor im assuming under the fiberglass meets bottom of seat.. well there's fiberglass that rolls up that seat base.. to finish it off i guess. well what appear's to have happend is that fiberglass just pulled away from the seat base. in a perfect solid line.. and will go down about an inch, inch and half and you can feel it hit something solid... i think there maybe a stringer in there in front of bathroom that runs forward towards bow.. down the center of boat you can feel something absolutly solid.. solid as a rock.. and just on one side bathroom side if your familiar with the lay out on these boats. at bottom of the couch the floor will actually move up and down when your stepping on it.. not mushy not soft.. the entire floor will move.. ive had boat's with soft floors before, the floor it's self feels solid.. it's where it meets the side is what im wondering.. like the fiberglass for some reason let go.. but the structure behind the seat, and under it feels solid. it bottoms out and feels like there is something under there.. im thinking about laying a sheet of 1/2 over it and re fiberglassing it to the seat bottoms and calling it a day.. i really think i might be over thinking it.. but would like to see how the stringers are laid out to be for sure..

i ruined a boat once, pulling the floor up. a chaparral 2300 i had. bueatiful boat.. had soft spot.. pulled floor up removed floor and never ended up completing.. i do not want to repeat that..

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
If you don't know the history then it's impossible to know what might have caused the issue. Without pics it's impossible to give good clear answers. I'm not aware of any factory pics of stringer layouts for this boat. You might find some of someone that's tearing out the deck on a restoration if you're lucky. It sounds as if the glass has delaminated but again without pics its difficult to say for sure. Post some pics of the problem areas and we can help diagnose the problem a lot better.;)