swim platform plans 1994 monerreydeck boat

zell66

Petty Officer 1st Class
Looking to build a wooden swim platform to extend current swim platform on my 94 Monterrey deck boat. would like to extend a total of 28" and wondering if this is even possible? Want to extend to go over lower unit completely after one of my kids jumped off back of boat and hit lower unit. thankfully he was not hurt but it could have been bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

zell66

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

existing and want to add a platform of 28"

Attachments

• photo217151.jpg
    photo217151.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
  • photo217152.jpg
    photo217152.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 0

zell66

Petty Officer 1st Class
any ideas on how or if i can add a home made teak platform?

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
The only suggestion I have is to lay the new teak platform on top of the old platform/deck and cantilever it out beyond the existing deck. Bolt it down in numerous places and use stainless steel bracing from the extended part to the transom.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
What kind of access do you have from the inside to the backside of the transom?

wellcraft-classic210

Master Chief Petty Officer
Starboard or Teak would both be good choices -- A fiberglass lamination would be possible but tricky for a do it your self project.

As far as the shape -- a cardboard model might help you a lot in determining the size & shape -- Ideally -- It should not drag in the water when your trying to get up on plane.

For design details a CAD dwg and cardboard stencils would be the way I would probably go. Most platforms have some stainless steel l brackets on the transom and stainless tubing with flattened ends and bent to approximately 45 deg +/- to hold them up. These bolts / screws MUST be going into solid material and should be kept sealed to protect the transom from rot.

Their are companies that make custom platforms -- such as http://www.marineplasticfab.com/swim-platforms.html

try to google starboard swim platforms etc

Good luck