Bayliner Victoria 2750 Command Bridge Removal

electrabishi

Cadet
on another note. Still working on sealing the roof. A buddy was buying some windows salvaged out of a motor home to put in his toy hauler trailer. The guy had salvaged all kinds of stuff from the motor home. My buddy only wanted the windows but the guy said take it all for $50. He had the aluminum roof racks off the thing and threw them my way. They are not quite long enough, but they are exactly the right width. In this photo I just have them sitting in place where I might put them. Also too there is a shot of the seam between my plywood and the stub of the bridge wall that I left. An interesting thing I found out a while ago is that the epoxy won't stick to the sticky side of masking tape. So I ran a piece of masking tape all the way around the edges and then flowed epoxy into the valley so it over flowed the gap slightly. The epoxy that dried up against the tape sticks up above the surface slightly so now I can take a sander and give it a nice smooth edge.

20150527_193225.jpg 20150527_174447.jpg 20150525_150959.jpg

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
She's coming along. I wish I could answer your electrical questions, but I'd just be guessing. There is a wiring/electrical forum here on iboats, maybe ask there. Good luck!

electrabishi

Cadet
Ok. stupid electrical engineer issues here. Didn't have the engine ground lead hooked to the battery. :facepalm: Everything else was hooked up. All the accessories worked with their grounds hooked up. But the block ground lead also directly connects the trim motor. Everything works. The two yellow/red wires must be hooked together. There is no Neutral safety interlock on my boat. Which is a good thing to know. I saw on several of the other threads on that subject where injuries were caused by not knowing that fact. So I guess back to the subject at hand.

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
:thumb: Kinda funny, yesterday I helped my BIL launch his boat, but before we could leave his yard we had to raise the leg. BIL jumps into the boat, turns the key, no power. Realises he had disconnected the batteries, so hooks them up and still no power. Someone notices he had forgotten to connect the engine ground cables, so I hop in and hook them up. The stereo starts blasting some funky tunes, so yea, we got power, and everything works.....except the trim pump. After a bit more digging around, following wires, checking fuses, etc, I spotted another wire that had not been reconnected, the pos lead that connects directly from the battery to the trim pump. Hooked that up and we were ready to head to the launch, about an 45 minutes later than we should have been. Anyway :focus:, carry on......

electrabishi

Cadet
In my case I had only put in 1 of the two batteries. each get their own + wire to the select switch, but I have a jumper that hooks the negatives together. SO I'm looking down there and see a black wire along the edge under the edge of the box and think, oh thats just the jumper between the two negative posts. Don't need that on. What I couldn't see is that the black engine ground wire was underneath it. There were already so many other wires on negative that I didn't think to look further. After scratching my head enough times I notice none of the black wires hooked to the negative post are even big enough to run a starter. The switch was still getting a ground so my voltage checks were all working out right. But the relay switch only seeing 11V. So I think I have a high resistance ground problem. Well of course, the main engine ground was not even connected. Anyway, I'm sure it happens to all of us at some point.